New Wave Mental Maths
With over 20 years of research and continuous development, this bestselling series is still the best mathematics practice resource for the modern classroom. Visually rich and engaging, New Wave Mental Maths provides daily practice to increase pupils’ fluency and automaticity across all maths strands. New Wave Mental Maths is a series of seven Pupil Books from Senior Infants to 6th Class, written to provide comprehensive coverage of mental maths concepts required by the mathematics curriculum.
Each book contains a 40-week mental maths and problem-solving programme designed to develop, strengthen and consolidate pupils' mathematical skills and concepts.
- daily practice of mathematics with a spiral learning method to consolidate and improve pupils’ skill level
- includes problem-solving questions to develop pupils’ ability to make choices, interpret, formulate, and communicate solutions effectively
- problem-solving questions are drawn from a mixture of strands and strand units, incorporating real-life maths contexts and situations
- modern and contemporary layout using subtle colours, which is not distracting or overwhelming for the pupil
- pictorial and written representations of problems in both the problem-solving and daily columns;
- comprehensive coverage and consolidation of mental mathematics concepts;
- practice in speed of recall;
- sequential development of mathematical concepts and vocabulary; and
- opportunities for weekly assessment and monitoring of pupil progress with the 'FRIDAY REVIEW'.
Now Available - New Wave Mental Maths Online
- Display each page from the pupil book on an interactive whiteboard for whole-class teaching.
- Pupil book answers are available to view at the click of a button.
- An overview of concept is provided.
- Assesment is provided through the online portal, allowing teachers to record pupils' progression.
When your class adopts the New Wave Mental Maths programme: