New Wave Mental Maths
New Wave Mental Maths - Revised Edition is a series of seven Pupil Books from Senior Infants to 6th Class, written to provide comprehensive coverage of mental maths concepts required by the mathematics curriculum.
Each book contains a 40-week mental maths and problem-solving programme designed to develop, strengthen and consolidate pupils' mathematical skills and concepts.
Now Available - New Wave Mental Maths Online
- Display each page from the pupil book on an interactive whiteboard for whole-class teaching.
- Pupil book answers are available to view at the click of a button.
- An overview of concept is provided.
- Assesment is provided through the online portal, allowing teachers to record pupils' progression.
FREE to teachers that use the programme in their class.
- problem-solving column in each week's unit of work;
- problem-solving questions drawn from a mixture of strands and strand units, incorporating real-life maths contexts and situations;
- modern and contemporary layout using subtle colours, which is not distracting or overwhelming for the pupil;
- series extended into Senior Infants, with a NEW book containing daily mental maths for the full school year;
- a structured daily mental maths programme for the whole school year;
- coverage of all strand and strand objectives applicable to mental maths;
- carefully worded problem-solving questions positioned in their own column;
- pictorial and written representations of problems in both the problem-solving and daily columns;
- comprehensive coverage and consolidation of mental mathematics concepts;
- practice in speed of recall;
- sequential development of mathematical concepts and vocabulary; and
- opportunities for weekly assessment and monitoring of pupil progress with the 'FRIDAY REVIEW'.
FREE Teacher Manual for schools adopting the New Wave Mental Maths programme - REQUEST HERE.