Problem-solving Strategies and Skills Maths Cards
Embed Mathematical Problem-solving and Reasoning with the Problem-solving Strategies and Skills Maths Cards.
These cards provide a wide variety of motivating and high-interest problem-solving activities.
There are three boxes for each class level, 1st to 6th Class, comprising:
- 30 Number and Algebra cards, plus answers
- 30 Measurement and Geometry cards, plus answers
- 30 Statistics and Chance cards, plus answers
The front of each card has a mathematics word problem for pupils to solve and the reverse of each card has an extension activity for more able pupils. The problems involve one or several steps, require the use of a variety of strategies and skills and are supported by colourful artwork.
Download a free sample
- excellent resources to support problem-solving, an essential component of the maths curriculum;
- varied, real-life and challenging problems; requiring one or more of steps and the use of different strategies and skills;
- activities that enable pupils to practise maths concepts taught in class through problems; and
- extension problems on the reverse of each card to stretch the problem-solving skills of more able pupils