Teaching Comprehension Strategies uses modelling, discussion and guided and independent practice to teach pupil strategies they can use to develop different reading comprehension skills.
Curriculum links: 5th Class:
- Engage with an increasing range of text.
- Use comprehension skills to aid deduction, problem-solving and prediction.
- Develop study skills such as skimming, scanning and summarising.
- Support arguments and opinions with evidence from the text.
- Distinguish between fact and opinion.