New Wave Handwriting
Improve reading fluency through great handwriting.
Give your pupils the practice they need to write legibly, fluently and quickly in order to succeed. By achieving mastery of handwriting through repeated practice, pupils can concentrate on developing their ideas rather than on their effort to write. New Wave Handwriting is a whole-school programme for Irish schools that will give you the support to plan and execute a successful handwriting strategy.
The series includes:
- Pupil Books for Junior Infants to 4th Class that place a major emphasis on a variety of pattern practice to facilitate the pupil’s acquisition of each letter.
- Teacher Guides to support the teaching of handwriting skills and the activities in the pupil books.
- Teacher Resource Books for 5th to 6th Class full of photocopiable resources to enable teachers to teach and assess handwriting in the classroom. They also provide greater flexibility for older pupils and individual instruction where required.
- cursive handwriting programme for Irish schools
- whole-school programme
- cross-curricular activities
- diagnostics and assessment
- consolidation and remediation
What's new with New Wave Handwriting?
- pupil workbook for 4th Class
- free online demonstration tool, enabling teachers to demonstrate lower and upper case letters in cursive font to the whole-class.
When your class adopts the programme, you will:
- gain access to the new online demonstration tool
- receive a complimentary copy of the Teacher Guide.