My Spelling Workbook
Develop a class of independent spellers.
My Spelling Workbook uses a multi-sensory approach to spelling using ‘look, say, trace, cover, write, check’. The series promotes independent learning of spelling in context and features a proven metacognitive approach to spelling. Through using all aspects of thinking, pupils not only learn how to spell but also how to retain and use these words in context.
Success with My Spelling Workbook is achieved through the reinforcement activities provided in the series. The workbooks cover the spelling strategies in a fun, creative way ensuring that both the pupil and teacher enjoy the learning process.
- 18 four-page spelling units per workbook - one for every two weeks of the school year
- full-colour workbooks with phonetically organised word lists
- opportunities for pupils to retain spelling patterns, word meanings and improve accuracy through a variety of active learning methodologies
- opportunities to learn how to spell commonly used functional words
- assessment of spelling in context through dictionaries supplied for each unit
- variety of activities focusing on proofreading, crosswords, word searches, word meaning and vocabulary, visual inspection and puzzles
- supported by dictation, assessment, spelling games and spelling worksheets
- suitable for Senior Infants to 6th Class
Additional interactive spelling activities and games for the whiteboard:
Reinforce phonic skills, word meaning, commonly misspelled words, maths and computer words. Compatible with PC operating systems only.
When your class adopts this spelling programme:
- receive a complimentary copy of the Teacher Guide.