The Early Years Maths Box was written to support the teaching and learning of mathematical skills and concepts in Infant Classes.
The box contains:
- four copies each of 75 unique cards – (300 cards in total).
- 75 colourful answer cards.
- 1 comprehensive, photocopiable Teachers Guide that includes:
- practice sample cards
- lesson plans
- suggestions for differentiation and assessment
- additional activities to support the cards and the concepts
- photocopiable activity sheets
- coloured resources
- online literature links
- scope and sequence chart
- teacher tracking sheets for individual pupils and the whole class
Benefits of The Early Years Maths Box:
- supports oral language development
- encourages and motivates active maths learning
- enables a smooth transition from one year to the next
- assists the teacher to meet all curricular requirements
- provides pupils with the skills and concepts required for their age level
- improves learning outcomes by providing effective concept development
- real-life mathematics connects learners to the wider world
- allows effective management of teacher’s time