Integrated Oral Language
Practise oral language skills through engaging activities and real-life scenarios.
Integrated Oral Language was specifically written to support the oral language strand of the new Primary Language Curriculum for Stages 1 and 2 (Junior Infants – 2nd Class).
- Each book contains 25 theme-based units focused around 25 separate poster images to appeal to the interests of pupils.
- Each unit presents a variety of engaging activities to develop and practise oral language skills, including role plays, barrier games, story creation, debates and discussions.
- Each unit contains photocopiable support materials for the activities that require them.
- Each activity is linked to a specific Learning Outcome, enabling teachers to select the activities and Learning Outcomes they want to address with their class.
- Each book is structured to allow flexibility of use: teachers can select the activity/activities according to the Learning Outcomes they have planned in their Language programme of work. In addition, each theme is a stand-alone, so teachers can decide on their own sequence.
An essential component of this brand new oral language resource.
- There are four books in the series and each book includes 25 posters, provided as a digital download. A password to download these can be found inside the book you have purchased.
- Each poster can be downloaded and displayed on an Interactive Whiteboard, making it easy for teachers to use it for whole-class teaching or in station teaching.
- The posters contain a mixture of colourful art and real-life photographs to engage pupils and encourage discussion.
- The themes have been chosen to assist teachers approach oral language as a discrete lesson, while simultaneously allowing teachers to integrate most curricular areas, such as SPHE, geography, history, maths and science.
- Many of the posters can be used to integrate both the English and Irish languages, as the images selected lend themselves to language development in Gaeilge.