Primary Problem-solving in Mathematics
Primary Problem-solving in Mathematics is a seven-book series of photocopiable activity worksheets for practising problem-solving skills and mathematical thinking.
- worksheets that focus on: spatial visualisation, logical reasoning, interpreting, analysing, organising and using information, strategic thinking and using patterns
- activities challenge pupils to use strategies and different approaches to solve the problem
- worksheets incorporate a variety of presentation styles: problems presented visually and in word problem format
- extensive background information provided on the skills needed for effective problem solving
- teachers notes include mathematical objectives, curriculum links, extension activities and answers