Speaking and Listening
Speaking and Listening is a comprehensive photocopiable series, filled with oral language activities to develop and support the Learning Outcomes of the new Primary Language Curriculum.
The books cover acquisition and use of vocabulary, categorising, elaboration, description, and sentence structure among many others outcomes.
- contemporary and fun activities that pupils will love
- each speaking and listening topic consists of one page of teachers notes and two pages of copymasters
- detailed teachers notes include activity objective, summary of activities, background information, list of things to prepare before the lesson, suggestions on how to teach the lesson, answers (where applicable) and additional/ extension activities.
Pupils will gain confidence in speaking so that they communicate more effectively and converse more freely. For example:
- giving their point of view
- giving instructions
- requesting information
- giving a speech
- discussing topics with peers
- having conversations
- talking about personal experiences
- telling a joke.